At Burkwood Treatment Center, we believe in providing men and women a comfortable home-like setting for rehabilitation. You won’t find a cold hospital environment here; rather, we work to ensure the comfort of all who seek to heal with us. You’ll have access to quiet, private spaces for individual and group therapy. We invite you to enjoy our kitchen and common areas for recreation, relaxation, and fellowship. Welcome home to Burkwood Treatment Center.
LAST UPDATED ON 05/12/2021
As updates on the impact of the coronavirus continue to be released, we want to take a moment to inform you of the heightened preventative measures we have put in place at Burkwood Treatment Center to keep our patients, their families, and our employees safe. All efforts are guided by and in adherence to the recommendations distributed by the CDC.
Please note that for the safety of our patients, their families, and our staff, there are certain restrictions in place regarding on-site visitation at Burkwood Treatment Center.
- These restrictions have been implemented in compliance with updated corporate and state regulations to further reduce the risks associated with COVID-19.
- Options for telehealth visitation are continuously evaluated so that our patients can remain connected to their loved ones.
- Alternate methods of communication for other services may be offered when deemed clinically appropriate.
For specific information regarding these changes and limitations, please contact us directly.
CDC updates are consistently monitored to ensure that all guidance followed is based on the latest information released.
- All staff receives ongoing infection prevention and control training.
- Thorough disinfection and hygiene guidance is provided.
- Patient care supplies such as masks and hand sanitizer are monitored and utilized.
- Temperature and symptom screening protocols are in place for all patients and staff.
- Social distancing strategies have been implemented to ensure that patients and staff maintain proper distance from one another at all times.
- Cleaning service contracts have been reviewed for additional support.
- Personal protective equipment items are routinely checked to ensure proper and secure storage.
- CDC informational posters are on display to provide important reminders on proper infection prevention procedures.
The safety of our patients, their families, and our employees is our top priority, and we will remain steadfast in our efforts to reduce any risk associated with COVID-19.
The CDC has provided a list of easy tips that can help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then immediately dispose of the tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
For detailed information on COVID-19, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html