Our multi-disciplinary, caring staff works directly with our clients to ensure their treatment plan is tailored to their individual needs and treatment goals.
As a CARF-accredited facility, we hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our dedication to service and positive outcomes manifests itself in everything we do.
Our peaceful, rustic campus allows our clients to unplug and escape from the stresses and pressures of life while they reconnect and rediscover their inner strength.
A Resource for Professionals
Both as a source for referrals and as a resource for professionals with clients who have complex needs, we place great emphasis on establishing and maintaining working relationships that ultimately serve to improve the quality of care that is provided to individuals and families in need.
Learn About Our Referral Sources
- Other residential programs
- Individual therapists
While these are among the more common referral sources, we also are happy to accept referrals from other sources as well.
It is the policy of Burkwood to admit clients without regard to age, race, creed, color, disability, sexual preference, or ethnic origin. However, certain prospective clients are excluded from admission due to an inability to participate in the program, the facility not being designed to meet their needs, or clients who present a safety risk to themselves or others.
Learn About Our Screening and Review Process
Please note that we are not able to admit individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Involuntary admissions
- Do not meet the ASAM criteria for our level of care
- Are currently psychotic, schizophrenic, delusional, or actively hallucinating
- Have an ambulatory or cognitive status that is not compatible with the license of our center
- Have extensive history or patterns of self-harm and/or destruction of property
- Have physical, mental, psychiatric, or social needs that are not compatible with the population described in the program description.
- Require more than three hours of nursing care per week (except for a temporary basis)
In cases such as the ones described above, we will refer the professionals to other programs that are suited to meet their patients’ needs.